Ergonomic EHS Solutions: Cleaner, Healthier & Safer
Turtle Plastics designs and manufactures versatile stabilization tools and interlocking modular tiles from recycled plastic. Our commitment to environmental health and workplace safety has made us the preferred EHS solutions company of fire and rescue professionals and industrial and commercial users. Our products can be found as the ergonomic flooring solution on assembly and production lines to keeping engineers safe as they stabilize spacecrafts with our cribbing.
We are the environmental sustainability leader. We have been manufacturing safety products from recycled plastic for over 35 years and even take products back at end of life for closed-loop recycling, reducing disposal and landfill costs and supporting zero waste policies. We provide large volume customers with job site accessories such as work saws to reduce scrap waste when installing our Turtle Tiles.
We are helping save lives and the environment with our product designs and technology. Our feedstock of recycled plastic materials and our suppliers help us create lifesaving products that can withstand the test of time with predictable results. No second guessing.
All Turtle Plastics products are proudly designed, tested, and manufactured in the United States. Unlike some foreign plastic manufacturing, our products are reliable and odor-free, including Turtle Tiles, the original cushion tile.
The Superior Alternative to Wood
Tough, strong Turtle Plastics Dura Crib and Dura Stat products are the cleaner, safer, ergonomic alternative to wood for stabilizing heavy equipment or vehicles in emergency and industrial settings, enabling a zero-wood workplace.
Our proven, tested plastic cribbing blocks protect firefighters, first responders, and maintenance team members from dangerous wood that can splinter or crack under a heavy load or become contaminated through absorption of biohazardous fluid, toxic chemicals, or oil.
- Washable, splinter-free, creosote-free, and odor-free;
- Engineered using a repeatable formula that ensures product consistency;
- Because Dura Crib products stabilize “active loads,” they are lab tested to provide predictability by identifying a Psi capacity and weight load limit of each product.
Turtle Plastics continues to strive to create healthier and safer workforce environments. We believe our Dura Crib and Dura Stat products are the better alternative to the dangerous use of wood stabilization of equipment, material storage, or during rescue operations. We recommend appropriate training on our products and reading your equipment manuals to determine the correct Turtle Plastics products for your application.
Working with engineered plastic blocking or cribbing is different than working with other materials for blocking. For your own safety, avoid overloading blocking, understand how temperature can affect working load of engineered plastic, and avoid point source loading our products (i.e., the impact of bolts, sharp objects or uneven, off center loading); we offer protection pads in both HDPE and UHMW material to assist with some point load dissipation. Please note the working load label on each Dura Crib product for optimal load rating. If you lose a working load label from one of our products or require a Working Load Guide, please call us.
Engineered for Safety
All Turtle Plastics products are designed from the start to ensure user safety and reduce injuries. For example:
- Dura Crib plastic cribbing blocks interlock with each other utilizing the pyramid or “Lincoln Log” design to create a safer cribbing stack to assist with harnessing of hazardous energy created during repairs of equipment.
- Dura Crib products have a lanyard to allow easier manual transportation of the products to reduce back and neck injuries.
- Dura Crib products are labeled with metal safety labels for psi and working load limits.
- Dura Stat static load stabilization and storage products are the safe, clean solution for material storage, rescue, marine shoring, rail crossing, chocking, shoring, or safe passage over hoses.
- Our patented Turtle Trax temporary rail crossing component saves hours of maintenance time by allowing for safe passage of traffic during rail repairs.
- Turtle Tile cushion tiles are formulated to create an anti-fatigue standing mat to reduce stress to hips, knees, back, and feet for employees who need to stand for long periods of time.
- Turtle Tiles carry a coefficient of friction that meets and exceeds the .5 COF helping to decrease slip, trip, and fall hazards.
- Turtle Tiles and ramps are available in high visibility colors helping to increase vision to reduce trip hazards and to mark delineation of work or cell stations, eye wash, or fire box areas.
- Standard Turtle Tiles have an open grid design that allows for drainage of fluids, keeping surface areas dry.
- The new 3T solid surface Turtle Tile has been designed with a raised, aesthetically appealing “T” pattern that provides a large ergonomic surface to reduce worker fatigue, trips, and falls.
- Turtle ramps come in 2 ½” or 6” creating a safer transition between tile and floor to reduce trips and falls.
- Turtle Tiles and ramps can be coated with grit or a rubberized coating to increase the coefficient of friction over 1.0 to significantly reduce trips and falls.
- Our patented Turtle Tube Grain Rescue Sleeve is the fastest deployment and most economical product in the market for grain entrapment rescue operations.
All our products are odor-free and do not produce any noxious odors. Unlike wood or rubber, Turtle Plastics products are washable and resistant to many chemical and bio-agent permeation, thereby reducing content transfer.